1. Great source of Probiotics. (good bacteria)
2. Rich in fiber, Vitamins, and Minerals.
Sauerkraut contains many nutrients important for optimal health. One cup (142 grams) provides: (Source https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/169279/nutrients)
3. Improve the bacteria balance in our gut.
4. Improve your digestion and overall health.
5. Defends our organism against toxins and harmful bacteria.
6. Boosts your immune system.
7. Helps reduce stress and maintain brain health.
8. May promote heart health.
9. Contributes to stronger bones.
10. May help you lose weight.
That’s partly because sauerkraut, like most vegetables, is low in calories and high in fiber. High fiber diets keep you fuller for longer, which may help you naturally reduce the number of calories you eat each day.